Monday, August 26, 2013

you'll never guess

you'll never guess
what my husband got me for our anniversary!!!

Some of you may remember the blog I did after we got married about the two extremely different versions of our wedding cake. I was so disappointed in the work that the cake lady did and it has kind of been a running joke.

When I show people, their jaws drop and they get this look of pity on their face and give me a hug! haha.

If you haven't read the blog about this hiccup in our wedding day, and would like to see the pictures...you can read it by clicking HERE.

My darling husband had our wedding cake CORRECTLY made for our anniversary!
He had been talking with a friend at work about her upcoming wedding and found out that another friend in the office made cakes. With much work and patience, it was ready for us tonight!!





This was the perfect celebration of our 2 year wedding anniversary!

Our anniversary is technically not until tomorrow, but we have Bible study tomorrow night so we celebrated tonight!
I dropped Brennan off at the grandparents for their first babysitting excursion.
I fixed ribs, potatoes and green beans for dinner and cherry cheesecake for dessert!
We went out for coffee and just hung out at the coffee shop before going to pick up the cake and get Brennan. We sat and read and talked and laughed...it was great.
It was very simple but it was our first 'real' date since Brennan has been born.
We missed him a lot and were excited to see him when we got back, even though he was asleep.
In this picture he reminds me of those vintage baby advertisements with the red cheeked baby in the crib.
I love my God, my husband, my boy AND MY CAKE!!! Jared is one thoughtful guy and I am super blessed to have gotten him!

No comments:

Post a Comment