Friday, August 16, 2013

first world.

This morning I woke up and was telling Jared about how bad I hurt my thumb. I said 'My thumb joint hurts so bad, I can't lift my computer!'

He burst out with laughter and lovingly mocked my pain by saying 'Oh! My thumb hurts so much I can't count my money!'

It made me laugh until I lost my breath and realized that not being able to lift your laptop computer was definitely a first world problem!
Which made me think of this.

Watch it. You won't regret it.

 While I was watching that, I came across this video and thought it was genius.


My eyes teared up a bit. :)

I thought I would share those videos and also provide you with this information in case you are looking for a new country.

Of course it doesn't mention the earthquakes that are happening here recently...as in today.

I was standing on a chair hanging curtains in our bedroom and the window moved to the left! I realized what it was quicker than usual. I waited a second for it to stop and then it didn't so I got Brennan and we stepped outside. The car was rocking back and forth in the driveway and the trees were shaking. I put my hand on the support beam for the porch and it was swaying.

It's definitely the strongest one I have felt. Apparently, it is the strongest most people have ever felt.
I kind of feel seasick for a minute until I realize that the room really is moving.

Why was I hanging curtains you may ask?!
Well, for our anniversary I decided to give our bedroom a makeover.
Brennan's pack and play, diapers, wipes and stuff in general had kind of taken over.
He is in his room at night now and so I felt it was time to reclaim it as ours.
Better yet, everything I needed to do the job was 50 to 60% off!

I was hesitant about posting a before picture because it was absolutely dreadful. I just threw the duvet back over the top this morning for a before picture. We would usually make the bed better than what you see here.

We had gray curtains on one window and pink curtains behind the bed because we needed to cover up the windows for winter and didn't want to invest in new thermal curtains. Pink curtains came with the house. Brennan's cot was in the corner and took up an enormous amount of room.

Our duvet was gray and dark gray. It was something that we bought on sale when we first moved here. It was still in okay condition even though it Brennan has put it through the ringer. Nothing was special about the room and it served its purpose to sleep. We were just kind of making due with what we had.

I wanted to provide Jared with a place that he could come home and relax. When he came in and saw it, he said 'This looks just like a hotel!' I was glad to hear that!

Here is the finished product!
Happy anniversary Jared!
and yes...I ironed the duvet and the curtains.
I think it will take a few more washings and ironing to get all of the wrinkles out.
I will probably need to employ a steamer for those curtains!
 
In truth, I used a lot of things that I already had in other rooms of the house. I had been saving for this 'present' so I got to pick up some things that I knew both of us would love. I like the table lamps a lot and so does Jared. Table lamps can be outrageous here but I hit a 50% sale. Score!

It was neat for Jared to get to see my actual style and get and idea of what I want to do with the rest of the house! ;)

Guess who also likes the new bedding?
Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment