Friday, August 2, 2013

sold out.

Brennan is one exhausted little dude. He has been cuddled up beside me snoring since we got home from cleaning the church building with the youth group!

He has had a big day today. He tried avocado for the first time with his toast at lunch. He LOVED it!
You can't even really see the avocado in his hand, but isn't he handsome?!
We got to talk to Grammie J and Saba for a little bit at lunch. When I went to open his mouth to show them his teeth, he burped right in my face! We laughed for a while about that!

Tonight we had lemon herb chicken and roasted veggies (parsnips, kumara and oca) I took a picture of them because I doubt many have seen an oca. Not okra...lol. Oca is a New Zealand yam. 

Some tange in size from the length of a finger to even shorter. Brennan's bottle cap is in the background to give you a size reference. They are pretty tasty and I was excited to cook with them. I definitely know what to do different next time, let's put it that way! ;)

My event tomorrow with the girls was going to be a high tea with Alice Arndell who is a judge on a baking competition show here. Unfortunately, they have been sold out for a month and we just found out today. We will still go out for coffee and maybe even wear our tea gloves and hats! :)

We spent the evening with the youth group cleaning at the church building. They are absolutely awesome. They are so much fun to be around and they work hard too. Our pews are actually shiny!! Haha!

I am very thankful that Brennan will be influenced by them.
I am also very thankful it is bedtime!
We have a full day tomorrow and dear friends coming to spend the night tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment