Saturday, August 10, 2013

two for one.

Yesterday was such a busy day and night that when I got home a little before midnight, I hit the highlight with the picture of my baby boy swinging for the first time!

We had a few things that we needed to get done in town yesterday morning. I needed to order some new glasses which I am quite excited about. They won't be for everyday wear, just a back up pair. It will give me a chance to rest my eyes from my contacts though. Since it was an absolutely gorgeous day, we hung out the laundry and walked to the Plaza.

On the way there, a nice man talked to us as we passed. He was telling me that he had two ten month old twins. I kept walking and then thought I could turn around and ask him if he would like to bring his twins to our baby Bible class.

I turned around and realized that he had gone into the public restroom by the park. Did I wait for him to come out of the bathroom? Absolutely. haha.

Turns out he is interested in church. He gave me his wife's number so that I could call her and invite her. She has a lot of trouble seeing so he said he could drop her off or we could pick her up. Hopefully, within the next week, we can get a meeting set up! I obviously won't go by myself to meet her...I am optimistically cautious. :)

We spent some time swinging at the park and Brennan loved it. In case you didn't see it yesterday...
Isn't he adorable?!

On the way home that afternoon, we stopped by Morrie's house to see if we could come by next week for a cup of tea. We have stopped in a few times but she wasn't home. This time, she was! We are getting together next Tuesday (only day she had free), and she seemed very excited about it! I know that I am.

 Brennan fell asleep in the stroller as he normally does. He's holding his smartphone teether that I got from my friend Carolyn's shop. Isn't it cute?!

He slept for a while in the stroller after we got home and woke up just in time to skype with my dad. I am so lucky to have a dad like him. Brennan just smiles and laughs. I think he can feel the love even through skype.

Jared got home and said that there was a work get together for a friend of ours who is moving on to a different opportunity. We hadn't seen her in a while so we headed over to hang out for a little bit. I had marriage class at 7:30 so we didn't get to stay a very long time.

One of our youth group kids is staying with us this weekend. He, Brennan and Jared dropped me off at class and had a boy's night.

Our class was great and we stayed for a while afterward chatting. We laughed and laughed as we do.

Like I said I got home around midnight. Brennan had a fever when I checked on him before bed. None of us slept too well. Jared actually got up for a few hours and worked on some things because he couldn't go back to sleep. We got up early this morning and went into the practice do some work for a friend. She watched Brennan while I got some dental work done as well. This was the first time that it wasn't just a cleaning. There is nothing like letting your husband inject you in the gums. :)

Brennan and I took a much needed nap this afternoon. We spent the evening just hanging out and getting things ready for church tomorrow.

Brennan has had a fever of and on all day but seems to feel better now. Feel free to keep him in your prayers!!
He's been asleep awhile...and I am going to join him! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment