Saturday, August 3, 2013

rush artist.

5 km walk started off our day today. Brennan stayed bundled up as normal but I really should have put something over my ears! We walked with a group of ladies that is raising money for breast cancer. I met two ladies today and had really good conversations. They both mentioned that they are searching for well-being in their mind, body and soul but they feel they are lacking in the soul part. It just so happens I know a God for the job! It was cool to meet so many friendly women. They walk every Saturday so I will get to see them a lot. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for connections in that group!

I felt like I was rushing all morning. I was running around trying to get things ready for our friends who are staying the weekend and I had made plans with the girls this afternoon. We decided to go out for coffee instead of the high tea. We did do some spying though and after seeing the set up, we decided coffee at Cafe Cuba was going to be way more fun! I don't know if they could have handled all of the laughter in a proper high tea.

Lance and Kristen came to spend the night and work on some things for our new church website. Here is a picture of the 'meeting of the minds.' Kent, Jared and Lance all simultaneously working on the website!
 We had my aunt Jody's famous lasagna for dinner. Kristen brought AMAZING rolls...the likes of which will never leave my house alive. Lance's baptism birthday was yesterday so we had a little cake in honor of that. Kent brought Tim Tams...we were covered in the dessert section!

Kristen and I got a really good chance to talk and I really enjoyed that. She is really great. I wish we lived closer but I am so glad that New Zealand brought us together! 

This is a picture of Brennan I took tonight that makes him look like he is a sumo wrestler.
 Look at that sweet little grin...man he is cool.
I don't often mention the things that Jared does for me. Today; he let me sleep in, unloaded the dishwasher, watched Brennan while I went to coffee and fed Brennan his dinner. I know I don't deserve to be with a man of his quality, but I sure am glad I am!

1 comment:

  1. my dear, you most certainly deserve Jared. I would say you are very well paired, and your little man completes the circle - glad you are having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete