Thursday, August 8, 2013

treasure.

arrrgh...me maties...I found the treasure!!
Brennan and mommy played pirates today.

I took this picture this morning and thought about how much I treasure this little man.

I talked with my best friend today! It was a much needed and long overdue conversation. With Brennan napping across the dateline and her chasing around two with one on the way...it gets a little crazy. We pick up right where we left off and it really makes my heart full to talk to her. We never have to talk about anything important but we usually do. She is the kind of person that doesn't boast at how good of a Christian she is...she shows you. She is one of the hardest working, creative and compassionate moms I know.

With her and my sister-in-laws by my side...I would say I have any other lady beat in the lifetime friend department.

Today, we talked about some of our friends who have recently had babies. There are some who went through quite a bit to deliver, some that delivered flawlessly and some who have had many struggles with babies being born way too early. It made me think even more about how much I treasure every moment with Brennan. Even when I am struggling to talk on skype with friends because he needs something, I wouldn't change a thing. Some people would give anything to be interrupted by their babies one more time.

I treasure the snuggles and hugs, the good morning smiles and bath time giggles. The moments when we play outside and the shrieks of delight heard by every neighbor. I even treasure the moments that I trip over toys or change a diaper...again.

I thought about Matthew 6:19-21.

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Lucky for me, I can lay up treasures in Heaven by treasuring my little man. I may not be able to give him material things all the time, but I can give him a knowledge of my Savior. God gave him a soul and it is my job to get it back to God. Each time I speak to him about God, sing him church songs, read him Bible stories, share with him in God's creation...I truly believe I am building treasures. I am building what will one day become a strong Christian man who hopefully will give his life to building treasures for God.

I could lose my house, my car, my clothes, my food and even my life...but the treasures I invest in my soul and the souls of others are being stored up in Heaven and can't be taken away!

No comments:

Post a Comment