Thursday, August 1, 2013

budget buster

I need a budget envelope for 'crazy secondhand outfits I can't seem to live without.' It never fails that the instant I walk into a secondhand store, some sort of atrocious outfit asks me to take it home!

This morning, I was planning to go vintage shopping for a special event I am going to with some friends on Saturday. I needed a very specific outfit. Something suitable for the occasion. I had mentioned to the girls that I was going to be shopping around 10. I forgot that Jared went into work late today, so when Hannah and her sister Michelle came over around 10 to see if I was still going to go...I was unprepared.

Unprepared as in...still in my robe with bedhead.

By the afternoon, I was presentable and they were gracious enough to meet me at a second hand store in town. I found several things I loved (which I purchased) and nothing to wear to the event. I came home and found a few dresses that will work for the event...should have looked in my closet in the first place.

We came home and Brennan and I spent about 45 minutes watching videos of babies laughing on youtube. He absolutely loses it with laughter when some of them come on.

We were on youtube to watch some of the funny commercials recommended to me by my brother. I love when he sends me messages about stuff like that and then we laugh about it together over the phone. It makes the distance shrink a little.

Ladies class was tonight and since Jared was practicing his sermon, we didn't have a date night. We had one on Tuesday instead so I wasn't too sad. I love spending time with fantastic ladies and looking into God's word. Rachael O. gave a great lesson on competition focusing on Rachel and Leah. I just got home and got the boy tucked in...I am exhausted!

This is the only picture I got of Brennan today. He is wearing his 'S is for spaceship shirt from his friend Evan!
Love this kid! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment