Thursday, August 22, 2013

on the town.

Last night, Jared and I decided to use a gift card that he had been given for speaking at those two conferences a while back. It was to this restaurant called 'The Gallery' and it is also an art gallery...hence...the name.

So we went and decided to blow the whole gift card (which we weren't able to do even though we tried!)
I took pictures of the food because I am redneck like that I guess. Actually, because it was so artsy and I wanted to share it with you!

I had scallops for the first time as our shared appetizer. They were crumbed in coconut with a hollandaise sauce. Jared and I have a fascination these days with hollandaise. It's egg yolk and butter so this obsession is probably not a good thing for our hearts. The scallops were very tasty although I am not sure that I would order them in an actual meal.
 For our meal, I had the chicken. It was stuffed with spinach and havarti cheese and served with saffron risotto. I brought most of this home and had some for lunch today. The chicken was good but the risotto was AMAZING!! I could eat ten bowls of it! Which would also be bad for my heart. :)
 Jared had the beef with sun-dried tomato polenta. It was good, but not as good as my risotto.
 For dessert, we ordered vanilla crème brûlée with jam strawberries and chantilly creme. I seriously loved it. I have been watching Masterchef Australia (much nicer than the US version) and I was SO excited to eat a meal like this. Since Jared and I try new recipes all the time, maybe we could try our hand at some of these!
 So thankful for the gift card, a night out and left overs!! :)

Picture of the Day: Brennan reading me a book. This was a book of family pictures, textures and prints that I made to keep him busy on the airplane to America.  It worked then, but I think he likes it even more now! He has learned this new thing lately where he will get a book and flip the pages. As he flips the pages, he will point to and talk to the pictures like he is reading it out loud. It is the cutest thing ever!
I read several books to him tonight including 'Big Dog, Little Dog.' A favorite of my niece. Maybe she can read it to him when she comes over in 13 weeks!!! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment