Friday, August 23, 2013

75%

75%
3/4

however you want to say it...the day is here.
Brennan is 9 months old today!!!

Dear boy of mine,

Today you turned 9 months old. You woke up with a smile and a giggle as you usually do. You spent time wrestling with dad while I fixed breakfast. We played and read a lot today. You wanted to play with trains and of course, I dressed you for the occasion.







 and you attacked me. :)

After your nap, we put signs all over the house to welcome daddy home in a special way. He loved your sign the best.

You have two teeth on the bottom and you are all about the food these days. Your favorite food is crackers. You eat them with a side of fruit and usually that side...falls into the side of your seat. You wiggle and squish it and then yell to get out.

Sometimes I cannot believe how much you eat. I look everywhere for the extra piece of sandwich that I gave you and you just look at me and grin because you ate it all up.

You surely have found your voice and I almost guarantee that you told me thank you today. I automatically said "You're welcome," and then realized what happened!

You say 'momma' and 'dada' and wave when you say 'bye bye'.
You love your blue blanket still and your favorite toy is my car keys. I can barely get you out of your car seat at the store because you lunge for the keys in my hand! You love to attack your stuffed animals and wrestle them to the ground.


Today, Ms. Morrie came to see you! She popped by unannounced and brought us cookies! She enjoyed her time with you and asked you to come back again soon. You and I went outside to explore the garden and Mork and Mindy (our ducks) flew right over our heads and landed in the yard! We decided to feed them a piece of bread and this is what happened!

I hope that you will forgive me for the capri pants. They are in fact pants but you are just a little too tall for them. This will probably not be the last time it happens. I promise you that I will not knowingly let you wear them out of the house. Also, forgive the fact that I laugh like a crazy person in this video and then reprimand animals for their manners. It happens. When you grow up you will understand.

Daddy came home and we saw you surprise us yet again. I'll write about that tomorrow.
When I put you to bed tonight, I hugged you extra tight and kissed you too many times. I know you are growing up quickly. So quickly I cannot believe it. I am so thankful for you and for the joy that you bring to my life. I have laughed more in the last nine months out of sheer joy-more than I have laughed in all of my other 360 months combined. 

You make me proud.

Love forever,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment