Friday, July 26, 2013

torched

My loving husband fixed me porridge this morning for breakfast. It was absolutely fantastic the way he did it...a family tradition that will continue for sure! As a matter of fact, I have all of the ingredients that he will need laid out on the counter so that he can make it again tomorrow morning!

Today, Jared took a day off. He was originally supposed to start a course today. When he decided not to do that, he kept his day so that he could work on things at home. He spent the morning working on curriculum and sermons (with a few Brennan attacks in between). I spent the morning doing what I usually do...laundry and straightening with a baby on my hip.

I had an appointment to get my eyebrows done after lunch. I walked to the village (sounds like I live in the jungle) and took some mommy time for about 30 full minutes! I couldn't wait to get back to my boys because I knew they were having too much fun!

Jared needed a haircut so we packed up and went to the Plaza. I found a lot of little things for Bible class that I needed at KMart and the dollar shop. While I was at the dollar shop, I asked one of the ladies if she had any flashlights. I had to reword and ask for torches because that is the name they use here. She gave me an excited yes and then began to show me each and every flashlight they had. She demonstrated them all by blinking them directly in my eyes!!! She kept saying...'This one need no battery!' and would blink it several times literally inches from my cornea. I randomly chose one that I could see between the blue spots appearing everywhere.

Using my stroller like a guide dog, I made my way to Farmers where Jared took the boy and let me fly solo. I got some amazing deals on things for Brennan thanks to Will and Kate!

This is what Brennan thinks of my awesome deals!
He looks sad, but he wasn't...he was just staring at the people passing by. That little mark on his nose is from where he crawled straight off the bed yesterday. Yes...we cried.

I was cooking a pot roast for dinner tonight. I was a little concerned about it. I had checked it earlier and it look like that thing that comes out of that woman on Alien. I just knew it was going to be a flop. By the time we got home, it actually looked pretty decent and tasted great. I had forgotten to turn it on low before we went shopping for three hours, so it was a little drier than I prefer.

Leaving Jared with bath and bedtime patrol, I headed to our young married ladies class. I tell you, I need that class. It refocuses me and I enjoy it immensely. As much as I enjoy the class, I enjoy the conversation that takes place after too. God definitely gave me strong women to look up to and I am proud to call them my friends!

This is a picture of Brennan's new hairdo after bath time last night! His hands look a bit big and awkward thanks to my awesome picture taking skills.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment