Sunday, July 28, 2013

futures

Most people don't get to see the future.
I did today.

I saw young men get up and step out of their comfort zones. Several of our young men used our break in the teaching term to lead some songs and read a few verses. I saw young men who stayed up late to practice and because of that, did a perfect job.

I saw the future of the church in New Zealand...and it is looking bright!



There were two of our teenagers who took part too but they were praying so I didn't take a picture!

Jared works with these boys to give them their assignments and works with them a few times during the term. Mostly, it is up to the parents to practice with them and encourage them. They do a fantastic job.

We had our congregational meeting today and I was struck by how loving our congregation is. Each one uses every opportunity to be positive and see good. That is a valuable asset.

After the meeting, we came home and chilled out for a bit before going on our walk. My eyes have been flaring up with allergies recently and so I haven't been able to wear my contacts. I don't have a pair of glasses for my prescription since college so I walk around with amazing nearsightedness but that is about it. I do put them in to drive. Since I had just taken my lenses out, I asked Jared to walk with me so he could be my eyes. He was telling me there was a little man staring at me from the other side of the lagoon. I was squinting and squinting. I finally saw a little boy in blue pants and a red shirt. I told Jared we shouldn't be staring because he might think we are weird. Jared looked at me strangely and then realized I couldn't see that it was in fact a garden gnome.

On our way home, we realized the skies would be pretty clear so we went out to Jared's parents to use the telescope. I got there and realized I didn't have my contacts in (Jared drove) and so I stayed inside and watched tv with Grandma. This is the first time that Brennan has been really interested with Gizmo. He kept petting him and grabbing at him. Gizmo just gave Brennan the cold shoulder. 

After completing a fantastic episode of Top Gear featuring New Zealand, we headed home and ran to go to sleep...and I am the last one standing! Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment