Wednesday, July 10, 2013

full circle.

Today was one of the coldest days we have had this winter in Palmy. So naturally, I decided to go gallivanting about town. It wasn't that bad and we got a lot done...so it was worth it.

Jared had forgotten his lunch and since we had to get out of the car to drop that off, we went into the $2 shop across from his office. I have been looking everywhere for affordable plastic animals and hit the JACKPOT!

I purchased some Borax off of TradeMe the other day and needed to pick it up. It's pretty much the only place you can get it. Apparently, if you mix it with corn meal and spread it on whatever surface you are needing to clean, it gets the smell out. Let me tell you, it works. There was a little funny that happened after I picked up the Borax. I went to use it in the garage tonight and when I opened the bag, there was a thank you note and CANDY. My first thought was 'aw, how sweet,' and my second thought was 'um...candy in my poison?' No thanks...I think I will refrain.

When we got home, I prepared while Brennan napped. Prepared for what you may ask?
I prepared for our first Bible class. He doesn't go to class here yet because he is too young. I figured that he needed to be getting it...so we are going to do it at home. He was just as excited as he was in America, only we didn't have that neat seat to reign him in. He was moving on to animals that we weren't to yet. Then he ate his socks.
 okay mom...you are like paparazzi over here!
 no more pictures please!

Man, I love that kid.

After Bible time, we played and played and then waited for the O'Donnell's to come over. Today is Kent and Rachael's 14th anniversary and we wanted to watch their kids while they went on a date. It's funny to me to think that all those years ago I met Kent and Rach and now, their kids are hanging out at my house. It was a full circle moment for sure.
I told Chloe that maybe some day our kids could come to her house while we go out for our 14th anniversary!

After much pizza, jelly beans, partying, Lego Batman and Ratatouille...we settled down to Andy Griffith and vegged out.
and they will probably kill me for taking this photo!
Kent and Rach came to pick up their littlies and ended up staying until 12:30 chatting about life and God and all sorts of good times. It was a good night. and I am sleeping in tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment