Wednesday, July 17, 2013

He blesses and blesses again

Normally, if I know I am going to have a busy morning, we plan for the evening to be at home. It works vice versa as well. This helps me to make sure that I get my stuff done but also, that I have plenty of time to cuddle and play with Brennan.

This morning I was excited to head to Foxton to visit some good friends of ours. Hannah and Stephen are a couple that work with the church there. Stephen is from Georgia. As two couples with an amerikiwi twist...we have a lot in common.

Hannah and I had planned to go second hand shopping in Foxton and Levin. She knows all the good spots and was willing to scout them out with me.

On a side note, Jared said that there had been lots of snow on the ranges yesterday when he worked on the bus. Unfortunately, I didn't see any today.

We met at her house where she fixed me a lovely chicken pizza with apricot sauce. I am telling you...it was divine. After sitting and chatting for a while and getting Brennan's needs squared away, we headed out. We stopped at a local trading post where I found a lot of vintage flower frogs. 
You may not know what those are but I googled it for you here.

I had been looking around for some earlier this year and found one in a random retro shop in Sanson. The trading post had several and one that looked just like mine. We didn't buy anything, although we got very good customer service in that store. I think she tried to sell us the building at one point. :) Just kidding.

Our second stop was in Levin. We rocked out the stroller and the sleeping baby and headed for the Salvation Army store. It's similar to the Goodwill Stores in the States.

After playing dress up, I decided on two hilarious caftans and a retro print dress that I actually like. The caftans will be making appearances sometime this year. I reluctantly left behind an asian dress jacket with red fur around the collar and cuffs. :) That part of the day reminded me of the Goodwill Safari that I did with my friend Denise. Good times.

We found a dollar shop down the street that had some really good stuff! I got a lot of stuff to decorate the cradle roll class that I will be teaching next term!

We got back in the car and headed towards Foxton after the dollar store. It was a really good day. I don't get to spend enough time with these guys but I will definitely be making more of an effort. I enjoyed every second. Especially, when I can drop awkward comments into conversation with Stephen. hahaha.

Because we were gone most of the day, the only picture I got of Brennan was when he stole my apple. It's kind of a random picture! He tried so hard to eat it, I wish I could have gotten a video!

Grandma had called earlier and let us know that Grandpa had come home early from his work in the Solomon Islands. The weather on one of the islands he was supposed to go to was just too wet. Where he normally goes it is the dry season and on that island, it is the wet season.

We were glad to hear he was home and invited them over for dinner. I had no idea what I would cook as I had only defrosted enough chicken, before I left, for Jared and myself.

When they came they brought steaks and veggies and dessert! In the end, we had; steak, garlic oregano soy chicken (sounds gross...so good.),smashed potatoes, pumpkin, broccoli and blackberry/raspberry tarts for dessert. While dessert was cooking and Grandma and I did the dishes, Brennan got a bath and Grandpa got his suitcase from the airport. They had lost it and since he wasn't home, they wouldn't bring it to him.

Once he returned, we all gathered back at the table for dessert and a Bible story.

A minute ago, I fed Brennan before coming to bed. I sat there, sort of reflecting on the day and thinking about how incredibly blessed I am.

I have better friends than I deserve all over this world. Most people could only ever hope for one side of their family to get along, I have both sides that love and adore each other. As I sat there, I looked at the little boy curled up in my arms.

A contented smile cracked his sleeping face.
I know boy. I know.
The Lord has been mindful of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment