Thursday, July 4, 2013

amurica....the rest of the story.

hey guys,
i have hijacked mom's computer.
i know you saw posts of how cute i was and how many people i met in america on facebook.
this is what really happened.

my mom and dad, and our friends todd and josh got up really stinkin' early (3 am) to get to the airport in time for our trip to america.

we loaded all of our bags onto the cart (man i love my mom but bless her heart...she over packs) and headed to the ticket counter. i said goodbye to my grandpa and thanked him for the free accommodation the night before. his beard always tickles my face and makes me laugh.

i got to use my passport for the first time. when mom gave the guy all of the passports, he said that dad and i would need visas. we looked over at the other counter and todd had a problem and needed a visa too. it took around 45 minutes for our visas to go through and we had to run through security and jump on our flight leaving our friends behind.

as we got settled into our seats, josh ran up and told us that his dad (todd) didn't get to board. so i got a 16 year old adopted brother all the way to america!

 me and mom. not sure what i was doing with my face.

i am going to play and stay awake the whole flight!
 
 i'm going to....



wow, that was a quick flight! we landed in brisbane, australia and knew that uncle andrew, aunt emma and one of her friends were on their way to see us. we were going to step out of the airport just for a minute to see them. until we got to immigration.

i gave them my best smile and flirted it up with the lady at the desk but she was not going to let us into the country. she and her grumpy boss didn't think we had enough time in between planes to get out and get back in through security and customs. i hate to admit but they were right. i wish i had gotten to see my family though. they haven't seen me since i was four weeks old.

 mom exploded our carry-on baggage all over the place to organize everything for the long trip.
i gave josh a hug because he was my new brother for a little while!
as soon as we boarded in brisbane, i was so tired from flirting with all of the stewardesses and female passengers that i fell asleep. when we were allowed to take our seat belts off, they brought me my bed. and i slept.
 13 1/2 hours later and a completely different season...and we were in america!!
i was a little excited.
and a little sweaty.
thus the semi naked workout.


i slept on the plane but mom only had about an hour of sleep so she was super tired. we sat down and all three of us fell asleep. mommy woke up and had almost laid her head on a stranger's shoulder. she made a new friend.
we still had one flight to go and in california, we were going to have to separate from daddy. he was going to denver for a week.
waiting in line for our plane to nashville, we met a guy named Robbie Davidson. He sat down beside us in the crowded airport and began to chat.
mommy told him "with it being l.a., you think i would see someone famous! i don't think i would know them if i saw them!" as she chuckled, he pulled out a cd and said with a smile on his face, "have you ever heard of me?"

my first famous person!!!
he autographed his cd for me and he is really good! he is an up and coming artist but you can check him out on itunes! thanks robbie!

THE REST OF THE STORY...
i will show you in pictures
 my entourage was waiting!

kisses for grammie j

 tired at buffalo wild wings, i was ready to go home but i was so glad to hang out with my saba.

 momma promised matti grey that she would be the first one to hold me the next day. this was a quick shot before her soccer game.

 me, denise, grammie j and my cousin duke hanging out for the first time. the camera was not interesting.
we went to a place called Rick's. It has bbq. Mom is addicted. :) Duke slept on my momma's shoulder but I didn't get jealous. yeah right.

 matti gray wearing her polka dot gumboots that we brought her all the way from new zealand.
 cousin love.

 good effort mom.
that night we went to crossville to stay at my grandparents house.

the next day I got to meet my great grandparents FuFu and Gdad!
 i was sad i would have to leave her. i love her!
 momma...put some clothes on a brotha!

momma's friend bethany came to visit!
with her 2 kids tanner and kinsley ann


 tanner went fishing with a stick. i will learn his ways soon.
 mom sat me in the grass.
 hey look! grass!
 me and my great great uncle john
 my first time in a high chair
 meeting my second cousin brantley for the first time. i liked him!
 my first bible class ever! i was so excited that i couldn't sleep until 11 pm!
 this is sheridan. she rocks.
 mr. clyde. he is the man.
 this is my great grandma mema. she taught my mom how to sew and yard sale like a champ. we had two family parties at my saba and grammie j's house. these are pictures from those. i met a lot of new people!
this is mrs. janice. she babysat my mom and uncle jim.
cousin josh
cousin savvie
peek a boo uncle tony!
cousin keri and her girls!
Kendall
sadie
aunt natalie and cousin solomon
hanging out with cousin schaffer.
a week later, we dressed up to pick daddy up at the airport and head back to lawrenceburg!
 a few days into our week and i got to meet melissa and lucy. i have seen them on skype but they are so much more fun in person! they had us over for lunch with all of mommy's teacher friends from her job before she got promoted to being my mommy.


 mrs. sandra. love her!
 lucy took momma's phone and took a picture of her baby in my carseat. :)
 mrs. deanna. i think she likes me.
 everybody.
ms. lester, mommy's principal
mrs. krista
the nest day we went to sonic (come to thin of it mom went to sonic twelve times) and then we went to the ballpark. my uncle jim was playing ball! they won!

 mrs. sandi
 yay uncle jim's team!
 this is my first bible class with duke. my favorite song is 'brennan pat the bible' and i liked everything that nice lady gave me to chew on!

 joy and danny tice
 ms. jennifer!
 i was a cool dude with my first spiked up hair do.

 miss miranda!!!!

one day, we kinda got locked out. so we played and took pictures while aunt kk went to get the keys.


 picking up chicks.
 i PROMISE! the wheel is supposed to be on my side!
 i like this red chair...a lot.
 chatting with my buddy.
mom has some pictures of me with her best friend allison and her girls but she can't find them so maybe those will come later.
oh my word.
cool old general store with old school toys.
on memorial day, we went to matti grey and duke's grandparents house for a cookout and a swim.
i am smiling...but she will pay for this hat.
mom and uncle jim got snocones...mom has wanted one for ages.
more rick's bbq on the day we left lawrenceburg.
matti grey said she wasn't going to smile...


and she didn't.

we left and headed to nashville to meet my new friend wren. she was two weeks old. these are pictures of me with her daddy gary and her mommy kimberly.

then we went to eat dinner with mom's aunt val and uncle john. cousin johnny and cousin bryan were there too. we stopped at cousin whitney's work to see her because she couldn't come and eat with us.


we made it back to crossville and the next day, i met my mom's friend marley. they have been friends for 25 years! they are ancient.
i couldn't stay awake during my first trip to walmart. i was overwhelmed that you could buy perfume, toothpaste and a treadmill in the same place!
these are some pictures on our last church night.
ms. alison
mrs. brittany
my first trip eating at sam and andy's in knoxville. it was saba's idea.

on our way to the airport! and the rest of our trip!!









mom is crazy and had a million more photos with saba and kaley and other family...but if you are like me in the last picture...these are enough!
thanks america!! see you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to show your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!!! At first I was super confused and though you hijacked your mom's computer...whew finally I figured it out :).

    ReplyDelete