Friday, July 19, 2013

pumpkin pits and stink eye

After an earthquake this morning, I felt a little more energized to get stuff done.
As in...you may die today, get your stuff together...kind of way.

I worked on paperwork and did my Bible study with a baby climbing me like Everest. We went grocery shopping and prepared for youth group tonight.

Brennan didn't sleep a lot today and after he woke up from his quick nap this afternoon, I sat him in the floor to play. This is what he did.
 I think little froggy bottom needed some more sleep.

Before youth group, Brennan peed everywhere because I wasn't quick enough changing his diaper. Since I had him stripped down, I wanted to experiment with how he would feed himself.
 You lookin' at me?

See video here!

He had pumpkin for dinner. Well...that is what I gave him. How much he actually ate, I'll never know.
He had it all over his face, in his diaper and even in his arm pits!! 
 
well that was fun...what next?
 
After he finished, I ran a bath for him to get him cleaned up before the kids came. A good scrub down and a tub of orange bath water later...my non-oompa loompa child was back!

For several weeks, Brennan has developed a face we lovingly refer to as the stink eye.
If he doesn't like something...he will let you know!
It occurs in the video above at around 16 seconds (after the cutest snort!)
Here is a picture of him giving me the stink eye! I was so happy to capture it!


 
For youth group, we planned to go ice skating in the Square tonight. No one felt like paying money to make fools of themselves so we decided to do a hang out/singing/movie night tonight. Lots of sweet treats and beautiful singing!

I love having them come around. They are pretty inspiring. I am glad Brennan gets to look up to them and grow up with such good role models.

No comments:

Post a Comment