Monday, July 22, 2013

shake it up baby...

Due to the bleary weather, I knew I had to cave and take my laundry to the laundromat to get it all done. Ever since we came back from America, it has been a struggle so I had to do something. I spent a little extra and had them dry and fold it while I ran errands. I figured that was the most efficient use of my time! To be honest, it didn't cost much more than it would for me to have sat there pushing in dollar coins for a few hours. I won't do it often, but it is good to know that I can do that if it gets too much. Jared can't believe it took me so long to cave. I think secretly he was kind of proud of my cheap ways. haha.

I snapped this picture today as we were headed out.

It looks like a jet has come shooting to the ground or maybe went straight up...either way, I am quite glad it did not land on my house. :)

I took BK to the doctor today to have  a follow up from America.
We didn't really let others know we had to take him in because we left the next day. The day before we were supposed to leave the US we took Brennan to Children's in Knoxville for what turned out to be a minor infection.
We took him to Children's because they were the only ones that took our travel insurance, not because it was hospital worthy.
I omitted this picture from the America album, but he is just so stinkin' cute in a hospital gown!
He is 100% but they have referred us to a local pediatrician to keep an eye on it.
Here is is at the doctor today almost two months later...
He looks like such a little man in his robot pajamas. haha. I can't believe he will be eight months old tomorrow. It blows my mind!

The night sky is pretty clear tonight with a big full moon. We are headed out to Jared's parent's house to use the telescope he brought back from our trip.
This is a link to the earthquake damage in Wellington yesterday. Jared preached in Lower Hutt/Petone that morning and luckily was on his way home when the quake struck. The have closed the CBD (central business district) for the day. It looks like a ghost town! If you get as far as picture 37, you can see the church of Christ in Wellington. They have opened their doors as one of the only relief centers in Wellington. Go guys!!! :)


Have a a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment