Wednesday, July 24, 2013

heard it through the grapevine

Brennan woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for the day. He slept 10 hours so I am sure that would be the reason! :)
We had a slow morning and headed to Foxton around lunchtime.

There was a workshop that was being held in Foxton today with workers from other congregations in New Zealand. It was called 'Heard it through the Grapevine.' It was basically a meeting of the minds to discuss what was working, what was in the works and to mutually encourage each congregation.

This brilliant idea belongs to the Higley's. I am so encouraged every time I hear about what they are doing. They have so many ideas that have never even occurred to me! If you are looking for a work to support...let me know and I can hook you up with them!

The workshop was attended by a few congregations including our good friends Lance and Kristen from Porirua. I hope they stay here longer than the five years the have committed to. Their ideas for outreach were phenomenal and I cannot wait to show Jared when he gets home from work. This couple has a constant vision for lost souls. I can't really express how amazing their work is. Check out Poriruachurch.com to see what they are up to!!

I was so encouraged to hear the plans and progress for how we are wanting to grow the church in New Zealand. Being on a campaign is one thing, but sitting in at a table listening to people who are on the ground here 24/7 is another. I thank God for each and every one of them! Please pray that we will do good work for Him, that we will support each other in our various outreaches and that we will use the blessings He has given us to get as many people to Heaven as we can!

 Sitting with Grandad after his talk on the work going on in the Lower Hutt congregation and the congregations in the Solomon Islands.

With the meeting being in Foxton, I decided Brennan could use a little longer than our 40 minute drive back to nap, so I took a detour to the beach.

It just seems right to go to the beach in July! It was cold and windy, but the waves were still there! I love the fact that I can just go listen to the water whenever I want.

Random side note: Jared was talking with one of his friends the other day who was on the InterIslander (the ferry to and from the South Island) when the quake hit. He said he felt like the whole boat was going to capsize right then and there!

1 comment:

  1. Fred and I got so many good ideas and encouragement from the meeting today. Can't wait to put some into practice :)

    Brennan was gorgeous!! ( no surprise there!) and it was obvious his granddad loves him very much. That is a blessing as my boys grew up with very little contact with their granddads, which made me very sad. I am very happy for Brennan :)

    It is wonderful to be able to pop down to the beach or the river and just sit and listen and watch. So glad you came today xoxo

    ReplyDelete