Saturday, July 20, 2013

'queen' of the world

Wow...what a day.
It started for me at 11:30 a.m.

You saw that right.

I woke up and fed Brennan at 7. I remember hearing Jared say that he was getting up to make scones and he took Brennan with him.

About 9, Jared brought Brennan back in to hang out with me. He fell asleep quickly and so did I.

Brennan and I woke up to a cheese scone on my pillow, an empty house and a clock that said 11:30.
I haven't done that in a long time. I certainly haven't slept that late since I gave birth to a human alarm clock.

I quickly fed him 'brunch'. haha. and headed for the shower.

Before I could jump in the shower, I heard Grandma's voice calling out to us. Her and Grandad were there just in time to see my tangled mess of hair and laugh at how long we had slept. Jared had gone to give her teeth a clean. He was supposed to work on my teeth as well...my bad.

Grandma and Grandad watched Brennan while I grabbed a shower.

We hung out most of the afternoon and then Jared asked me out on a date.

Palmy has a wind farm on top of the ranges behind our house.
He has been wanting to take me to the wind mills for forever.
It would take a good two hours round trip if we really took our time and enjoyed ourselves.
The weather has always been too bad or we haven't had time.
Today, none of those things were going to stop us.

I fixed sandwiches for lunch (at 2:30. wow.) and we headed for the hills.
You have to drive through the Manawatu Gorge to get to the windmills.
A while back, there was a slip (landslide) that closed the gorge for the better part of a year. I have only been through the gorge once and that was at night.

I took a little video of our drive through. I stopped right before the waterfall because I didn't know it was there. Also, I make a weird noise because I almost fall onto the driver's side. You can see the netting and barriers they have put up on the right side of the screen to catch falling debris and try to prevent another slip.


Brennan slept most of the way. Actually, he looked like this most of the way...

 When we got to the top of the ranges, we saw the windmills and terrific views.



The fog was pretty thick at the very top and gave the weirdest silhouettes of these trees.

There was an 'outcropping' (as Jared calls it) on the way down the mountain where he said tons of people climb out and get their picture taken. He knows me well.

I climbed over the fence and became...
'queen of the world!'
When we got back in the car...Jared told me he had never done that and thought I would be too uncomfortable to.
I only did it because I thought he had done it multiple times. hahaha. oh well.
Have I mentioned how much I love that guy?

Since I have officially been up twelve hours...I think I will go to bed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment