Tuesday, October 1, 2013

ahhhnurld.

Let's play a game where we pretend to be musical composers!


I told you I would be back!
My lame humor has been absent from cyberspace lately but with good reason. For the past 6 days, we have been on our first official family vacation!!! Technically, Jared was still working but...I was on total vacation.

Jared had an endodontics course that just happened to be in QUEENSTOWN!
Here's how the conversation started in May...

Jared: 'There's a conference in Queenstown in September.'
Me: 'I'm already packed.'

We had been planning this conference/vacation for a while so we had plenty of time to research and get excited. Jared had been to Queenstown a few times before. It is close to Dunedin in the South Island where he went to school. I knew that it was going to be crazy fun and was excited to see what he loved so much about it.

We left on Wednesday and were chauffeured to  the airport by our friend and Jared's assistant Mya.
We landed around dinner time and spent the rest of the night checking into our apartment and acquainting ourselves with the area. Part of acquainting ourselves with the area meant finding an awesome Mexican restaurant called Sombrero's. It was authentic tex mex and the gave free chips and salsa! A rare find in these parts!

Here are some pictures from our first day of vacation!
 having a snack at the Palmy airport
 I keep looking for the plane but I can't see it!
 we live on an island ya'll...airports are small and you walk out to your plane.
 He was out of it by the time we landed in Christchurch. I had some sinus issues before we left and by the time we landed here, it felt like my eardrums were about to burst. I have never felt that on planes but now I understand!
 See those images in the distance that look like more clouds? Snow covered mountains! We were so lucky that there was very little cloud cover during our flight so I got to see Mt. Cook!
 This is the view from our front porch.
 This is the view at the end of our street! Taken with a cellphone but I think it's a framer. We also got a lot of pictures of Brennan that are quite nice but will need some touch ups and such.

 Tune in tomorrow for fancy french restaurants, fatheads, slaw and peace sign picture snappers :)

1 comment: