Saturday, October 26, 2013

worlds collide

today it was as if two worlds collided!
I am in New Zealand and also listening to a very dear friend of mine share the story of Joseph with my new friends.

The ladies of Wellington held a high tea today and so Jared, Brennan, two of our awesome youth group girls and myself drove down today. Cindy Tatum was the guest speaker and it was wonderful to hear her lesson on Joseph.

Cindy Tatum and her son, Jeremiah, have been here for a few days.
Some looked at us weird when I came in and Cindy and I immediately hugged.
Most people probably don't know that i have known their family for a long time.

Jeremiah is a longtime friend of ours.
We all went to church together at Pulaski Street.
Cindy's daughter was the incredible secretary at Whitthorne where I used to teach and I even taught on of Cindy's grandsons when he was in sixth grade!

After the tea, we stopped to see Jeremiah and chatted for a while. It was so good to see them and spend quality time with them.
Cindy and Jeremiah finally got to meet Brennan!





We stopped for lunch at a cafe that I have always wanted to eat at. Outside, they have a petting zoo and so it was neat for Brennan to see the animals. (No these animals aren't served in the restaurant!) haha.


It was all in all a great and uplifting day spent with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment