Saturday, October 12, 2013

souvenirs

When we took Brennan on his first trip to the beach, I wanted a souvenir to commemorate the occasion!
I looked a while before I found the perfect piece of driftwood.

Now I didn't want just any random piece of driftwood, because we have plenty of those. I wanted something that I could paint and make into an actual memento.
Here is the finished product!


It's a whale in case it doesn't look like one. ha!

While in Queenstown, we were walking along the shore one morning and I was looking for rocks. I found this one which already had the outline of the mountains in it. 

So I picked it up and decided to paint the scene from where we collected it. 

The mountain range isn't identical to The Remarkables but it works to remind me of how much fun we had on our first family vacation!

If there are rules against taking things in NZ at the beach or Queenstown...I didn't know!

 I'm not the most talented painter, but it is fun.
It is a neat tradition for us that I think I will continue.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!!! I might steal it, but I'll give you all the credit!!

    ReplyDelete