Monday, October 7, 2013

go fly a kite.

I cleaned every inch of this house today. I mean cleaned.
I cleaned it out, organized every cupboard, pantry and closet. I donated and tossed. Having had a lot of company and being gone on vacation during the past month, I haven't had time to do my weekly sort and purge. This helps me to not hoard.
Because I am a hoarder. (not over the top but too much of one to not fit the label)

I clean by putting things in piles and then moving those piles from place to place.

So to overcome those tendencies, I have to stay on top of things.
Brennan was awesome today as he played with new things that I found and the trash that I threw away. He also willingly follows me wherever the vacuum goes so it is easy to keep him in sight.

I never vacuum without him. Not just because he follows me, but I will even wait until he wakes up to vacuum because he laughs hysterically and screams and jumps the whole time. I love it.

Today, he was playing with the vacuum close to the trash bag.
I had given him a rice cake about 5 minutes earlier and he promptly traded it for a piece of styrofoam from the bag. He took a chunk before I could get to him, but he spit it out. I am not surprised he opted for the flavor of styrofoam over the flavor of his rice cake!

When Jared got home, we ate dinner and then took a walk to the park.
We all needed some fresh air and Jared got a new kite this weekend so he wanted to try it out.

Brennan watched in delight as Jared steered the kite through the wind. I tried two times, both of which ended in crashing immediately.

I took Brennan to the swings and his cackles of delight were enough to bring Jared from his high flying activity.

The wind really picked up so we went back to the kite. Lots of people coming through the park were coming to see him fly the kite. There was one couple walking through and the man had a parrot on his shoulder!


Another man sped by on his bike as I yelled 'Woohoo, Go Baby!' to Jared. The man smiled and winked thinking I was talking to him.

This day made me so ready for summer nights!
 The look on his face cracked me up too much to exclude this photo!
 Don't let him fool you...it is much harder than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment