Wednesday, September 11, 2013

korma.

Korma.
Chicken Korma.
no not kArma...

although I think a little bit of that was thrown in for good measure.

We had a great day shopping with Erin and playing with blocks. Jared's men's meeting was postponed and so I saw a perfect opportunity for a date night.

Jared had received buy one curry get one free vouchers from a local Indian place.
I jumped on the chance to evade dishes and call it 'romantic'.

Jared got the baby to sleep and I went to town to pick up the food.
I called and ordered and they said it would be about 15 minutes.
Perfect opportunity to run back to Warehouse to pick up a few things I forgot this afternoon (half of which I forgot again.)
I got to the restaurant in a torrential downpour. There were no parking spots close by. After three rounds and no change, I parked (probably illegally) and went in.

"I have a takeaway order for Rachel."
"Rachel. Are you sure it is Rachel?"
"Yes. That is my name."
"Did you order from this restaurant?"
"Yes. Is this your voucher?"
"It is. And you called this number?"
"I did. And they told me it would 15 minutes."
"Was it a man or a woman?"
"It was a man."
"I am the only man here and I did not take your order."
...blank stare...
...blank stare...
"I'd still like to order if that's okay."

After a dialogue about what I wanted and what naan comes with what, they told me it would be 15 minutes and to move my car to their parking lot in the back. ---sketchy---

I moved my car and returned for him to tell me that there is no rice included with the curries. He asked if I wanted an extra rice. I pointed to the tag line at the bottom of the voucher that says 
'ALL CURRIES COME WITH RICE.'
"Not the free one." he responded.

Having been enlightened to the fact that 'all' now does not mean 'every one,' I got the order correct.
One HOUR after I left him, I came home to a hungry husband.

karma...what goes around...comes around.
korma...what goes around...does not come with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment