Tuesday, September 3, 2013

fievel freak out.

Last night before I went to sleep, I decided to watch a show called 'World's Biggest Pets'.
(completely and utterly bored I guess).

Jared came in half way through and it began talking about this lady that owned a Burmese python.
The presenter casually mentioned that these snakes have been known to strangle and then eat their owners.

I gave Jared a 'tell me that's not true' look and he just said 'yep.'

So immediately I google it.

Apparently, at the beginning of this month in the UK, there was a case of two young children being strangled to death when a python escaped from the pet shop below their apartment and went THROUGH THE VENTS. It dropped from the ceiling and then commenced the tragedy.

I read this to Jared and immediately he said 'Go get Brennan.' We were both so freaked out, there was not a chance that he was sleeping in his own room.

We talked about how there were no snakes in New Zealand and eventually calmed ourselves down but Brennan still stayed in the bed.

About 2 a.m, he was snoring so loud that neither of us were getting any sleep. He had pushed me and Jared to one side of the bed and stretched out on his own. I knew Jared had to get up for work in a few hours and so I convinced myself that he would be fine in his own room.

I came back in thinking 'There are no snakes in New Zealand. There are no snakes in New Zealand.'

Jared said something to me when I came back in and I said 'Oh yeah! Well they also said there were no cats in America!'

Oh Fievel...how you have influenced my thinking.

 No my son...there are no snakes in New Zealand.
And you can sleep with us until you go to college. 

and for your nostalgic pleasure...I present...


SPOILER ALERT: There are 86,000,000 cats in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment