Saturday, September 7, 2013

kite.

"Jared! Do you see that seagull?! It's been flying against the wind for like ten whole minutes and it isn't going ANYWHERE!"

Jared (lovingly) "babe...it's a kite."

Oh, how much laughter broke out after that! I still had to look for a good five minutes before I could see the string attached to the kite that was shaped exactly like a seagull.

Jared agreed to preach in Napier this morning a few months ago. Napier is on the east coast of New Zealand and I had heard great things! It didn't disappoint. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get there if you stop to change a baby. We got up at 5:30 a.m. and were on the road in an hour.

During our road trip, we passed; rolling green hills, cliffs with sheep hanging to the edge, snow capped mountains, palm trees and finally arrived at our destination a few blocks from the ocean. It felt like a world tour of God's awesomeness!

Jared did an amazing job. The brethren in Napier were super welcoming and even took us to the wharf for lunch!

We parted ways after lunch and began exploring. I could see myself vacationing here easily. It is the first place I have been that reminds me of places we used to go on family vacation. Ocean, hotels, aquarium, skate parks, bike parks, mini golf, museums and theaters!

After peeking in an antique shop and an art gallery, we decided to cool off with an ice cream cone.

Brennan had his very own ice cream cone for the first time. He loved it and I hate to admit that he ate most of it including some of the cone! His reaction was hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment