Thursday, September 19, 2013

just keep swimming...


In a SCREAMING declaration to bring on summer, we all loaded up and headed for the pool today.
Brennan had been in the pool in America but didn't seem to be a fan. Living on an island, you have to know how to swim well. There is just too much water to chance it.

Our local aquatic center has a heated toddler pool, lazy river in the medium size pool, lap pools and a hydroslide. I had never been before so we decided to test 'the waters'. I crack myself up.

There are waterfalls into the pools and they scared Brennan a little bit. Each time we went around the lazy river, I got myself closer and closer to it. By the end of our time there, he wanted nothing more than to be splashing around in the water. They have swim lessons for his age. Have you seen this video?!



 I didn't get a picture of Brennan actually in the lazy river but I did get a picture of him eating his snack in his float after swimming.
 I think the local pool is the place where we will spend a lot of (modestly clothed) time. :)
This morning we took Brennan's 9 month photos. He will be 10 months old on Monday but I waited until my dear Christi could take them for us. They will be posted after they have been shared with grandparents and the like. Trust me though...everyone will love them as much as we do!

I had a dinner date with Carolyn tonight. She is a good friend in the church in Palmy. She also happens to be a doula. This lady knows what she is talking about. She helped us with learning how to work with Brennan's needs and listen to our gut. If your baby is having issues sleeping, feeding or anything really...she can help. She doesn't just give you tips but she listens an adjusts her advice accordingly. It was great to spend some quality time with her again and I look forward to the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment