Sunday, September 15, 2013

el matador.

I may or may not spend an inordinate amount of time walking around the house waving a red shirt and yelling 'toro...toro' while Brennan chases me.

I do embarrassing things when it's just he and I.

Things like singing every word to 'Tomorrow, Tomorrow' and performing 'It's a hard knock life' while my audience shoves grapes in his mouth from his highchair.

Is that why I had a kid...to have a captive audience?
Maybe.

There are certain inhibitions that melt away in the eyes of a child.
I of course have the awesome task of teaching him everything he needs to know!

He knows how to sumo wrestle at the ripe old age of nine months.
He knows that when you put a cat's tail in your mouth...do not bite down.
He knows to sing louder than me at church and waves his hands like the song leader.
He intuitively laughs at the funny parts of a tv show, can't teach that.
He knows party tricks...like how to blow unintentional snot bubbles. (sorry...it was just so cute!)

He knows how to stay in fashion.

He knows how to keep a clean house. He loves the vacuum cleaner more than any toy he owns.

He knows how to make friends with anyone. (especially the cleaner at Jared's office who calls him 'Big Man')

 
 He is a pro at hide and seek.
Wait...those aren't life skills?! I guess I'll start over tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment