Friday, September 20, 2013

daddy can.

I snuggle up beside you
you may not know I'm there
but I kiss your face and smile
at your freshly shampooed hair.

Your daddy takes good care of you,
you wrestle and you play
he listens close as you tell him,
what we did today.

A bath, a book and bedtime
it all seems quite routine
but only daddy knows
what those little moments mean.

A man to lead your family
look for this you're told,
I found all that and more,
mine has a heart of gold.

His life is one of sacrifice
he works hard every day
but never misses at his chance
to stop and have a play.

One day, my boy, you'll think he's old
and just doesn't understand
the world's new definition
of a successful man.

A man who trades on Wall Street
and buys up all the stocks,
men who change relationships
like they're changing socks.

The world will try to tell you
that money makes a man,
that you should spend your whole life
earning all you can.

Maybe it's cars and houses
that make a man complete,
but I guarantee the things of earth
won't be able to compete.

Giving, loving, leading
that's what makes a man
and showing others Christ
in any way you can.

And as you watch your daddy
my husband, I hold dear
you'll quickly see his treasures
aren't stored up for him here.

His trust is in the Word of God
never leaving it on the shelf
'I go to prepare a place'
said the son of God himself!

Your father on this humble earth
looks to the Father up above,
for how success is measured,
in obedience and love.

If you ever have a question
of how to be a godly man,
if anyone can show you
I know your daddy can.


**I had a fabulous night celebrating with friends. I had to leave almost as soon as Jared got home even though I knew he had a long day. When I came home, my lovely husband had the baby asleep and was working hard on fine tuning his Bible class lesson. As tired as he is, he keeps on giving for the good of his family and for the goal of Heaven. I am one blessed lady...and sorry...he's all mine. :)

2 comments: