Monday, January 2, 2012

RULES.

I must have been born a rule breaker. I, in most ways, despise them.

I appreciate rules when:
-they keep myself and others safe.
-they allow me to know what is expected of my performance so that I can rise to those expectations.

This week... I am only liking first rules I mentioned.

There are so many different ways to move to a new country. There are no expectations that they are going to tell you about until you mess one of them up. Moving countries has proven to me that some people are playing a game to which I will never know the rules.

It is frustrating to chase your tail trying to figure out exactly which application you need and what other applications you have to have filled out in order to make the first application relevant.

I didn't know that no untreated wood products weren't ALLOWED into New Zealand until I had packed half of my things at school which happen to be wood.

I don't know how to pack so that I can live out of a suitcase for a few weeks, how to make sure to ship winter clothes and pack summer clothes when it is still winter where I am.

Today I am thankful for rules that keep us safe.
I am thankful for a husband who tries to figure out the rules for me and is patient with me.
Mostly, I am thankful that God doesn't play games. He even gives us the rule book.

No comments:

Post a Comment