Saturday, January 7, 2012

can't take it with you

Walking through a sporting goods store and Target with my sister-in-law last week, I saw all of these awesome things. Things that I have wanted for my 'grown-up and married' home. Beautiful lamps, glass vases...even hiking and camping equipment!


I knew I was only there to pick up my last essentials before leaving the country. I had mousse, shampoo, and wrapping paper for my friends wedding present but as i looked at all of those beautiful things...i wanted to go bankrupt!


In my head, there was a resounding...'Rachel, your bags are already too full.', 'Rachel, you have to pay if you go over your limit.', 'Rachel you have special things coming in a container on February 10th.' ,'You can't take it with you.'

The last thought was the one that ended up coming out of my mouth. 'These things are so pretty but I can't take it with me.'

What a thought. Why is it only when I move to a new continent does this occur to me? It seems like if I lived my life being aware that Heaven is my home, 'You can't take it with you' would cross my mind more often.



Just a thought!

1 comment: