Thursday, January 19, 2012

TODAY!


It's Friday!! This is meant to be an exciting day. Jared's first day of work was today and he is starting with four root canals on one person. Ouch. Everyone (especially me) has full confidence that he will do a great job. Also, we get the keys to our house tonight. We will be out at camp later on but at least we will have keys!

Due to it being Jared's first day back, this morning found us waking up earlier than normal, me ironing shirts [who would have thought] and heading off to work together. Jared dropped me at the MedLab by his office so that I could get my immigration blood work done.

I went in and showed my paperwork only to turn around and see literally 60 people in the waiting room. NZ must know what they are doing because I was out the door sans 3 vials of blood in 45 minutes. I walked down to Espresso 101 and picked up a date scone and small hot chocolate. I had been fasting for my tests so I deserved that right?

The walk home along Victoria Avenue took about 30 minutes. It would have taken less had I not poked my head into a neat cloth shop, gawked at sewing machines through the window and made a touristy stop to take photos of tree lined Elmira Avenue (coincidentally a house alarm went off as I took a picture of it so I keep trying to find an escaping criminal in my photo).

Yesterday was a busy one. I had an immigration doctor's appointment quickly followed by an insurance appointment for Jared downtown. We are constantly finding ourselves with no coins to put into the parking machine! While he went into his meeting, I walked to the library and got some change to feed the meter. I accidentally put in enough for two hours so when Jared got out, we walked across the square and had Indian food for lunch. Trying indian food was number 18 on my bucket list.

After finishing lunch, we had an appointment to meet with a couple that is selling a house of furniture. They were very interesting people. The moved here in March of last year and they are moving to Australia in 2 weeks with future plans to assist the Jews in Israel. They told us that they had prayed to God to send a couple just starting out and they knew we were the ones (no pressure...) The furniture really was lovely and would give us a great deal on almost everything we need. We took plenty of pictures, came up with an offer and waited for them to return our call. It was a successful meeting because their furniture is now our furniture and we pick it up Tuesday!

We found out that we got the furniture while we were at a farewell party for one of the DAs at Jared's office. There was great food and good times. The final event of the day was to head out to Camp Kilsby for a singing. The area out there is just gorgeous and the singing was as well. It was so cool to see and area that means a lot to Jared. Maybe this weekend, we will be tenting out there. Of course, that would be in between moving into a new house and a million other little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment