Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Plane and Day 1

I forgot what the Exclusive seats on the Air New Zealand planes are like. When you first walk in, wach looks like a pod from Alien and you are looking for Sigourney Weaver everywhere hoping that she can protect you!

Our seats were in the middle of four. Jared says these aren't good seats technically but I have some funny stories to tell because of them.

The guy in front of Jared leaned back his seat before takeoff it seems and Mr. Long Legs (Jared) wasn't all too comfortable. The girl next to me was quite nice. She asked me if I wanted my aura cleansed...to which I politely declined. She kept me entertained most of the trip due to the fact that she would periodically do yoga stretches in the aisle and bust out singing to the song filtering through her ipod at any given moment.

I watched a lot of HOUSE, movies and played Tetris...I am an expert at that in case you were wondering.

The food on the plane was lovely. Chicken and Macaroni for dinner with Haagen Daz Icecream and Fruit and Yogurt for breakfast.

I highly recommend Air New Zealand, especially if it means that you are coming to see me!

We left L.A. at 9:15 p.m. January 9th and landed in Auckland at 7:15 a.m. January 11th.

Making it through customs and biosecurity isn't as threatening when you have a kiwi for a husband. He has been awesome at guiding us through the process. I love him.

Moving on...
After checking our bags, we walked outside and it hit me that I was in NZ. I could smell the ocean!

Once we arrived at the domestic terminal, we realized just how gross traveling over night is and knowing I was going to be seeing my in-laws for the...third time, I tried to freshen up. no luck there...my hair is just a fighter.

We went to board our plane and walked out onto the tarmack, climbed up the steps and took off for New Plymouth.

When we landed in New Plymouth; Rod, Gaye, Alicia and Ryan were waiting for us. It was so great to see family when you arrive!

We went for a tour around New Plymouth, went down to Fitzroy beach and then back to the house for Christmas lunch!

We had pork, roasted vegetables, L&P, sparkling grape juice and well...it was just awesome.

That night we went to worship with the New Plymouth congregation. Jared said that we were to have a special date after church.

When we got home, the four of us went to Pukekara Park for a concert and to see the festival of lights. It was quite...romantic. :)

1 comment: