Monday, January 30, 2012

Wow...it's been a crazy one.

Hello. I did not die or hide, however I did in fact run out of internet. Internet is not unlimited say ye? In fact, it is not.


So here I am sitting in my living room, and trying to think of the things I have done since I last posted. Here is a little catch me up.

Thursday- Jared dropped me off at the house so that I could get my clothes put away and have some semblance of decency and order at our house. Nothing had been done since we threw the furniture in on Tuesday so I was looking forward to 'homemaking'.

I spent all day going through things, setting things up and enjoying the air flowing through my house. We got a text about 6:30 and remembered that we were supposed to be in Foxton for dinner at 6 pm. Oops. Jared's sister came over to bring his aboriginal painting from Australia. She brought some banana cake with chocolate icing which was quite awesome.

Friday- Honestly, I don't remember I did. I'll have to think on that one. lol.

Saturday- We had decided not to go to camp at Porongia (sp?) because we just had too much to do. We spent all day saturday going around town and picking up things that we needed, setting up the house and getting all sorts of paperwork done. Life has finally hit. :)

Jared moved in all of his stuff (we wanted to keep it all together all week because he was working).
Saturday night was our first night in the house. I can stay here all day by myself but at night...its a bit scary. The house makes noises that I am not used to and Jared tells me its escaped prisoners and other lovely things. Our house has a ton of windows. Most of these windows have curtains but there are a few that don't and just being in a strange place...creepy.

I didn't think about this before but the sounds that you hear here are so unique. I get nervous when I hear a screeching sound...it's a native bird. but I don't know that! :) Not sure if I posted about this or not but two relatively interesting things happened at the other house we were staying at to hype me up a little.

One night, we woke up about 5 in the morning to a gigantic 'BANG!!' Jared said...oh it's probably nothing. Scared to death, I got up (trembling mind you) and went to the living room. The front door had blown wide open!!! Then one night we woke up and there was something scratching on the glass window...you know...exactly like those serial killer movies. Jared said it was a hedgehog. I sure hope that it was.

Ducks roam through our yard here and so there is always something rustling in the bushes.

I just have to remember that there is nothing here that can kill you, predator wise. However, I have seen a lot of spiders and I have developed a suspicious looking rash on my arm. oh well...now I am just rambling.

Sunday we went to worship with the congregation at Palmy. I love it there. Everyone gives it their all and you know that they are there because they want to be there. It's really a cool environment. After worship, everyone stays and talks. For at least an hour...no joke. I talked with Jeana O'Donnell about some things I had found interesting after having been here two weeks. We (the congregation) was invited to Nathan and Rachel Paki's house for pancakes. We had a great brunch and then went to the orchards to pick fruit. They have lemon trees, apple trees, tangelos, feijoas, grapefruit, peaches and the pears are coming in. We can basically go there and get our fruit from them instead of going to the super market. ROCK ON!

Sunday afternoon, I drove. Yes, I did. and I didn't kill anyone. :)
While Ian is on vacation, he said I could drive his Jimny. It is an automatic. It's really cute.





I felt brave enough to go to the grocery store on my own. That was scarier than the driving. I went to Pak N' Save. Which is a store where you get deals because essentially you have to bring your own bags. It was a madhouse. This town is a university town. There are international students starting this week and they were ALL there getting their groceries.


Monday I drove to get my bloodwork results from the doctor. I took them to the Immigration office which said that now I do not have to have bloodwork. :) That's life. I ran around town and felt accomplished when I scored a desk for 10 dollars! I brought it home, painted it up and love it so far!


Paint is $57 a litre!!!! So spray paint had to do.

After getting this completed, I started mowing the yard (because I accidentally painted part of it black.) I fixed that!

Got all of the laundry done. shirts ironed and supper cooked. 

Today, I did it all over again.

Today has been weird. I haven't been able to talk to my family in a while because of the internet thing. I got frustrated because I couldn't find a few places I needed to go to and it rained on my laundry. :) Such is life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment