Sunday, June 30, 2013

Could you please unsnap his BabyGro?

Today was a great day filled with worship and awesome Bible class kids. One of the little kids Mark always asks me if Brennan is baby Moses. He looks so disappointed when I say no. He is also the same one that sings...'When the devil's in the way...USE THE FORCE!' love that kid.

Grandma came home with us for lunch and went to a matinee screening of Man of Steel with Jared. :) I think she felt quite special going on their date!

Brennan was just so cute this morning, I couldn't help but take a picture. (surprise). He looks like he may take off running at any moment...and he very well might do that.

Last night/ this morning he started crying and pulling at his ears and that continued this afternoon so we decided to take him in to the doctor since he had been so sick in the last week.

The good thing about NZ is there are doctors that stay open until 10 pm!

When we got to the doctor, he was nice young Englishman that was friendly to Jared and me. He asked me where I was from, how we met and what we did. 
He asked me why we brought Brennan in and I told him several different things. As he was examining him, he told me several different ways to hold him so he could check his ears and then he tickled Brennan's belly and said, 

'Could you please unsnap his baby grow?'. 

I always like to do things without having someone repeat themselves (no comments from you dad...) but I think the confused look on our faces was proof we had no clue what a baby grow was. 'Oh I am sorry,' he said, 'I thought I was in England for a minute. Could you unsnap his vest?'

crickets.

onesie. he meant onesie.
i felt really, really dumb.

the only way we figured it out is because he lifted Brennan's shirt, pointed to his onesie underneath and said...' Can you take that off?'
Apparently, BabyGro is the brand name for a onesie in the UK.

An American, a Kiwi and a Brit...it was all sorts of international confusion.

In the end, Brennan doesn't have an ear infection but has a few blisters on the back of his throat. No antibiotics (they don't give those out much here) but some paracetamol (similar to motrin) and keep an eye on him. Apparently there is a pretty bad virus going around here that has hospitalized several people, so he was glad it was not that.
After his diagnosis, I figured that he knew a lot about us from the questions he asked at the beginning, so we should ask about him. After finding out that he worked for the NHS in London and is a surgeon, we talked to him for a little bit about the church. He said he was raised old school Catholic and when he became and adult, he decided he wasn't religious. We still invited him along to church to and told him we would be looking forward to seeing him.

I really had a hard time when I first moved here asking people to church. I didn't want to seem weird and make people uncomfortable BUT then I realized...

I would rather be known as the weird girl that goes around town making people uncomfortable by inviting everyone she meets to learn about Jesus! I don't want people looking at me on judgement day and saying...'WAIT! You were my only chance but you didn't want to make me uncomfortable?' Doesn't seem like that would make much sense when it really comes down to it!

Ok...this really wasn't going to be long. The baby is in bed and I have got to get there myself!
Enjoy the Lord's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment