Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gonna party like it's my birfday! June 22, 2013

We have a lot happening this year which is quite exciting! Family visits, a one year birthday, anniversaries, holidays, etc. SO for my birthday, I decided that I wanted to do a short blog every day for the next year.

You read that right.

365 days.

I want to be able next year on my birthday to look at how my life is changing, how I am growing  in my Christian walk and how absolutely positively blessed I am! 

I have a post that I have been working on about our trip to America but have a few more pictures to gather before I post it up.

Having said that...here is DAY ONE of my 365 challenge.
(Remember these will usually be posted on New Zealand time)

For my birthday, Jared made me breakfast in bed. It wasn't easy to eat eggs and bacon with cheese scones and have a seven month old crawling over you...but it definitely made it more fun!

Before we left for Wellington, Brennan gave me some yummy cocoa and vanilla lotion and they both gave me the sweetest card signed with hand prints!

What did Jared get me you may ask? Well...we drove it to Wellington!

We headed south for our friends baby shower. Elsa and Keith are a couple that live and work in Porirua and are very involved with the congregation there. She is due in a few weeks with a little miss named Olivia.

Hanging out with all the ladies and playing baby shower games wasn't too much for Brennan and he quickly learned that flirting would get him far!
After the baby shower, we went to eat at a fabulous chinese restaurant with Keith and Elsa as well as our friends Lance and Kristen. They are missionaries with the Porirua church of Christ, and let me tell you...they are good! It is amazing to see how that church has grown!

All of us!

 
 Lance, Kristen and Brennan

We topped off the evening with chocolate cake and tiramisu to celebrate my birthday, Kristen's birthday (June 7), baby Olivia and the one year anniversary of Lance and Kristen's arrival in New Zealand.
This day, along with thoughtful posts, messages, calls and gifts from my friend all over the world...I think it has been one of the best birthdays of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm about to start playing catch-up on your blog!! YAY!! I finally posted my birth story on mine if you wanna check it out :). Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete