Wednesday, June 26, 2013

quakes and queasiness

This morning around 3 a.m. Jared awoke to the screams of a 7 month old and a yelp from a 28 year old.

Brennan woke up hungry and as I was trying to pick him up and get a bottle fixed, I got sick.

Luckily, Jared to the rescue. Fixing Brennan a bottle and letting me rest. He didn't have to be into work today until 11 so he got to sleep in a bit to make up for the middle of the night craziness. I officially have whatever he had. He seems to feel a bit better so maybe it won't last long for either of us.

Around 2 o'clock Grandma and Grandad came over so that they could check on us but also for Grandad to say goodbye. He leaves tomorrow for a four week mission trip in the Solomon Islands.

As we were discussing details of his trip, he stopped mid-sentence. I was little concerned by his face.
He said...'do you feel that? we are having an earthquake.'

As slight as it was, it went on for some time and those things make me nervous!

It's hard to explain but even if the whole house isn't shaking dramatically, it creates and uneasy unsteady feeling. We really trust the earth to stay solid beneath our feet!

Speaking of scary moments, I'd like to share my worst mom of the year experience that happened a few weeks back.

Jared was not well and I had to run to town. We had several places around the Square to go so I had put Brennan in his stroller. He fell asleep and I thought that I might grab a turkish doner kebabs for our lunch.
SOOO GOOD.

When they were ready, I reached for the bag momentarily letting go of the stroller.

Brennan sailed out the door and headed straight for the street!
Luckily, an older English gentleman caught him at the edge of the sidewalk.
He gave me a disapproving look and I sheepishly said thank you before scurrying my way to the car.

So by giving Brennan extra sick boy cuddles, does that make up for the fact that I sent him careening into traffic for turkish food? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment