Tuesday, February 28, 2012

we beat kim.

Jared and I were married 6 months on Monday.


I was so excited that I told Jared 'Happy 6 Months!' ad nauseam I am sure.


With Hollywood celebrities such as Ms. Kardashian, I guess making it that long is something to celebrate. However, I wasn't excited because we 'made it' that long...I was excited about what the past six months have made us.


In our first six months of marriage:

We sold most of our belongings.
We packed our most precious possessions onto two pallets and gave them to strangers.
We left part of our family.
We joined with partly new families.
We relied on the kindness of others and the grace of God.
We prayed that doors would be opened, and they were.
We learned that some things are just stuff.
We learned new strengths (and weaknesses).
We relied on each other more than ever before.
We started our life in a beautiful home.
We are learning to cook healthy, interesting meals.
We are learning how to drive and how to teach someone to drive on NZ roads. :)
We are learning how to work together and appreciate each others careers.
We are learning how to be honest with each other and ourselves.
We are learning the value of trade me (NZ ebay).
We are learning how to be thankful for every moment.
We are learning how to lean on God.
We are happier together than we have ever been apart.

HAPPY 6 MONTHS!

There...that's the last time I'll say it...promise :)

2 comments:

  1. Most adorable couple on the planet! Both are an inspiration and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months!!! I don't understand! I have added you blog to my dashboard about 15 hundred times and I still don't get the updates to when you post!!!! AHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete