Monday, March 5, 2012

chocolate fish

it's 9 pm.

Jared went back into work for a bit to get things ready for the bus.

I am in bed.

I am drinking a mug of hot Choysa Tea. amazed.

I am fighting the ever present battle of keep Gizmo off the bed as his fur likes to make me yell 'Unclean!!' when I look at our freshly washed white sheets.

I am eating chocolate fish.
What are chocolate fish you may ask?
They are fish shaped marshmallows covered in chocolate.
Pretty self explanatory I guess.

I am teaching the 3 to 7 year old Bible class on Sunday and talking about Jesus cooking fish for his disciples. We usually try to provide a snack for them and of course my first thought was 'GOLDFISH CRACKERS!!'

They don't make those here. (which is depression worthy within itself)

So plan B...I decided to go with Chocolate fish. 
There is nothing like a three year old on a sugar high returning to their parents right? :) Getting to the point, i bought them for Bible class today and it seems like every time I pass the pantry I think 'This would be the perfect moment for a chocolate fish!' Pour a cuppa tea...you know what goes good with hot tea? Chocolate fish!!!'

It's a deadly struggle with a lesson learned...don't buy candy for class before Sunday :)

[side note: enough chocolate fish remain for the kiddos...I simply ate the ones who were broken enough. I put them out of their misery okay?]

1 comment:

  1. I'll bring you some goldfish!!!! I just have to remember :).

    ReplyDelete