Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pictorials.

It is time.


For me to get my act together and upload pictures.

Give me credit though, I don't know how the bandwidth restrictions work so I am nervous about over doing it.


If you want to see pictures of the trip from the States to here...check my facebook page. and if you aren't my friend...hook that up :)

Let's start at the beginning.

I think it is pretty cool that one of the keys to my house looks like this. It would be cooler if I knew what it was supposed to unlock :)

This is a picture from our walk on the Kahuterawa track. I mentioned it here

Okay! Pictures of the house! These are pre furniture and I am going to have to get things all dolled up before I take after pictures. You can see them in about 6 years. jk.
 The living room. Love the shelves. They are beautiful and perplexing at the same time.
 Other side of the living room.
 Dining area. Don't you just LOVE the pink curtains? (easily changeable)
 view from the dining room into the kitchen.
 Kitchen. We have a dishwasher! Good thing I don't have to hang those things out to dry!
 This is a quote down by the wharf in Wellington. Read about my adventures!
 Occupy Welly camp site. They were nice to me although I heard on the news the next day that some of them were in trouble.


Yesterday, Jared and I had decided that it was going to be date night and that we were going to go see Chronicle. We like movies in case you haven't picked that up. :) After the movie, (which I recommend) Jared asked if I wanted to go for a drive. We picked up a hot chocolate and took a nice drive. He had a specific place that he wanted to take me and I sure am glad that he did. He took me to Pahiatua Track. After all the windy roads and terrifically fun corners, we made it to the top.

It is a road that goes over the mountains apparently. There were lots of sheep and deer (farms) along the way. Because Palmy is so windy, the city has installed wind mills up on the side of the hills. It is really cool driving by as they do their synchronized dance.

This was what we saw when Jared pulled up to his destination.
It was cold and windy but that didn't take away from the vast beauty of being able to see for miles.




We are leaving for Taupo in the morning so there will be good pictures to come hopefully. It makes me happy that people read my blog and I really appreciate it. I also appreciate the laughter that I have gotten from the blow dryer escapade.

I got to skype with my best friend today. It is crazy to watch her kids grow over the computer...I am sure it will only get weirder. I love being here even though I do miss home. This is where my heart has wanted to be for a long time. The church here amazes me. They are so helpful, loving and honest. I am going to begin helping teach a class on Sunday mornings and I am excited about that. God id good...life is good  and life is only good because God is good.

Something  I have needed to work on for a long time is taking the time out of crazy busyness to praise God and study. Any suggestions on how people accomplish that would be welcome.

I have a study book that I am working through right now and that is helping. What do you do that helps you walk closer with God?

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pictures, but don't do it if it will get you in trouble ;). That will just give me and Gary an excuse to for sure make it over there :). I started reading the bible in 90 days a few days ago and it has been awesome so far!!! I'm so excited about it!! Good luck with your bible class teaching! I know you do a wonderful job! We are always praying for y'all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love your house! Can't wait to see what it looks like after you creative touch!

    ReplyDelete