Friday, February 10, 2012

Rockband...

Thursday I had a few appointments and had to get going early. I rode with Jared to work and made some copies so that I would have everything that I needed for the Justice of the Peace later that day. I walked to get groceries and then walked home. I have been cooking a lot lately. Really healthy, really tasty stuff. (If I do say so myself). I have never had any confidence cooking healthy food because my famous recipes include cracker coated chicken and a melted stick of butter= heart attack at an early age. I guess I thought that if food didn't taste like that, then it wasn't good cooking.

Well boy have I been wrong. In the past two weeks, I have made Greek food, Indian Food, lots of good chicken and vegetables, and of course we had Chinese on our date night which I will spill about later. I have really enjoyed cooking a lot and I am slowly implanting recipes into my head. I think having a dishwasher helps.

I walked home with groceries for the weekend (things go bad here quickly so you have to buy frequently). I had to be back up the road at 9 a.m. and left the store at 8:30. That meant I had 30 minutes to make a 40 minute walk and put the groceries away. DONE.

I met with a Justice of the Peace, which is the same as a notary public in the States. She invited me into her home and was a really lovely woman. We look forward to working in the community with her in the future.

When Jared got home, we went out for date night. I had told him that I always wanted to get Chinese in a box and eat it with chopsticks. I don't think I have ever done that. Sad, I know. We walked down to the square and found a place amidst the stone sculptures to eat. A passerby started to laugh as I played rockband air drums with my chopsticks. Had she not laughed, I would have had no idea that anyone but Jared saw me. :) I in turn, died in laughter because I was so embarrassed.



We walked across the square to the cafe Chokolato. They have awesome gelato and hot chocolate. They have a Hot Belgian Chocolate that is apparently out of this world. Anyone who visits is going to have to endure this tiki tour to Chokolato. Jared and I scored some gelato and headed back to beat the parking meter. I had Bigne and Cream and a scoop of Jam Donut flavors. I don't think I would get the Jam Donut again, too cinnamony. lol. Thursday night is late shop night which means that the mall at the Plaza stays open past 6...scandalous. We walked through the Plaza and didn't buy a thing! good for us.

Friday, we had the TV guy come and set up our free view box. We hadn't been able to figure out how to set up the satellite and he did it in a matter of 10 minutes. I had to be at Jared's office by 5 because I was going to be the official assistant for his dental work on his mom and dad. They are staying with us this weekend. We all laughed a lot (luckily). I kept accidentally sucking Rod's cheek into the suction device and trying not to gag him at the same time!Want to feel vulnerable? Try performing dental arts on your in-laws.

I do enjoy the process though. Jared is such a calm and patient dentist. I don't know if I have mentioned before the fact that I love him. Just saying. It makes me so glad to see him working with people the way he does, even when they aren't family. I enjoy helping and learning things that will enable me to assist Jared in the dental mission field.

Dental pains weren't enough to scare them away so to put me to the test I guess, I cooked for my in-laws last night. We had honey bbq chicken, corn on the cob, potatoes, and steamed broccoli. For dinner, I made Apricot Nectar Cake (from scratch) and served it with a choice of apricot or orange glaze sauce and hot tea. It was a hit. Maybe I can do this domestic thing after all. (or maybe it is because they were still numb from the mouth work).

Gizmo is the family cat and last night was his first night in his new home. You heard me...he's moving in. Once he gets us trained, I think he will be okay. He likes to sleep on the bed which I am not a fan of and honestly, Jared got frustrated with him because he tries to sleep on your face. We'll see how this works out.

This morning while the boys went for their respective runs, Gaye and I walked up to the supermarket and got things for dinner tonight. We are going to a small cafe down the road for lunch. The men went to a meeting at the church building, so we are just waiting on them to get back. My neighbor and her two kids came over this morning to say hi. It is good to know that there are such friendly people in the neighborhood.

Who knows what tonight holds but I am sure it will be fun! I hope that you are all doing well! Much Love!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! Jeanette gave me the link to your blog and said I should read it since we are going through a lot of the same things moving here to NZ! I love this latest post and I look forward to going back and reading more of your entries. So glad we got to meet at Camp Kilsby, and hopefully we will get to hang out sometimes while we are here, if y'all ever head down to Wellington for a weekend or something. You should read our blog too, I'm trying to get caught up on it, I'm way behind though! Your blog was funny, several parts, like about the Plaza being open to 6..."scandalous" haha that was funny to me b/c I agree, everything closes early! Hope all is well, take care girl!

    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are able to help Jared at work!! You are so funny and I miss you...that's all!

    ReplyDelete