Monday, April 9, 2012

frankly...

Well if you haven't already heard...we're having a baby!!!

WOOHOO!!! We are totally surprised, super excited and ready to see how this goes for us.
It has been part of the reason that I have been so absent from blogging. I didn't know what else to say when I was trying to keep the secret.

By the way, I am terrible at keeping secrets. It seemed like every day Jared would come home and I would confess that I let it slip to someone else.

Jared had his Christmas presents 15 minutes after I got them in the mail. IN NOVEMBER!

At least I don't pretend to be good at it. Let me say this...if the secret is incredibly personal or someone else's business...no issue. I can keep those. It's just the ones that I am excited about!!

The most interesting part about finding out we are pregnant is finding out how the system works here.

There is only one prenatal ultrasound unless you pay the big bucks for them. You do not have an obstetrician unless you want to pay the big bucks for it.

Knowing that, my question is...okay...who delivers babies around this joint?!?!

Midwives. Sometimes midwives in the States are looked at as 'hippy' or 'alternative'. Here, they are the norm and are more medical than what I have heard from the stereotypes in the States. The one we chose is absolutely fantastic. She is from England and answers all of my anxious questions with ease and understanding. Love her!!!

Jared calls the baby Frank. In that case, let's hope its a boy. Even though we probably won't name it Frank, the explanation to a boy would be easier than an explanation of 'Frank' to a girl. :)

The best part is watching Jared tell people. When he told my parents, my dad danced and my mom cried and Jared chuckled. When he told Emma, she started crying...er...sobbing in the middle of the mall with people giving her very concerned looks. The picture I have in my head is priceless.

When he told his parents, we got mowed down by hugs. At least I could explain to his mom why I had been so sick when she was here and didn't take any medicine. I knew she had to be starting to worry about me.

At some point, I am hoping to put a video montage of the people we videoed when we told them. It's HILARIOUS.

Just writing to say...thanks for all of the wonderful comments and congratulations. I am so blessed and this baby is already so loved. I will be back to the blog consistently now...hopefully...probably.

I better be, because once this baby comes...it's probably not going to happen much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment