Thursday, November 24, 2011

ThanksLiving

Well it's been a while since I have been on here. I know that I will do better once I move to New Zealand and since beginning after the move was the original intention, I don't feel too bad. If I decided to blog an endless stream of conciousness, no one would stop to even read here. However, I have found that I write more about my life in my smashbook and then think of things that I would like to share. If you are wondering what a smashbook is, it is just a journal where you write but then you smash things like pictures, notes, tickets, etc. into the book so its a journaling scrapbook in a sense. love it.

I digress.

It is THANKSGIVING!!!. I have been excited about the holiday season since the beginning of the year. :) Knowing that I don't have to drop Jared off at the airport during any point is quite fabulous. I am so thankful for a consistency of time together that we didn't get to enjoy this time last year.

Yesterday, we headed up to Nashville early to have a 'date' before we spent the week with my family. They are awesome so we like to be with them and don't take time to spend alone together. We used up our last wedding gift cards and went to Olive Garden. Jared is in love with their breadsticks so he had some breadsticks and chicken gnocchi soup. I love that he is such a foodie. He gets excited and interested in how things are made or why things taste the way that they do. Very cool.

After Olive Garden, we went to see HUGO. It was the first screening and in 3D. I was a little concerned that the 3D would make me dizzy but Scorsese did such a classic job, I didn't even realize that I wasn't actually in the movie. I highly recommend this book in the first place. Selznick is a master (judge my nerdiness if you will) and the story is just phenomenal. If you see the movie or love the book, let's have a conversation. :)

Dad gave me a hard time about waking up to watch the Macy's parade. Every year, I intend on doing it and either we don't have TV or I don't make time for it. Last night I made a vow ;) that I was going to watch this year because I have been to NYC now and feel a little more a part of it...I really enjoyed it. Well, the 30 minutes of it I saw. Dad and Jared had been up watching it for at least an hour. Jared was so into it. I loved seeing that.

They also did an impromptu duet of John Fogerty's 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' while he performed at a concert in the Times Square Hard Rock. Priceless. It's true that if you give men football (sports), barbeque (food) and music...culture is no barrier.

Speaking of food. Dad bought what seemed like an entire side of beef for us to eat. He truly is a master at grilling steaks. I hope that he will grill for us when he comes to NZ to visit. I felt like I had signed up for the 72 ounce steak challenge...if you eat it all, its free. lol. It was really good but I could only eat about half of it and that was it. No salad, a bite of potato but nothing else. so good I am immobilized and hence I have the presence of mind to blog about it.

This is becoming a book but I have just had such an awesome day and MG, Jim and Kaley aren't even here yet! So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment